The Adventures of Adrian Stevens, Prologue

Adrian Stevens is a character I dreamed up for work. (Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center in Pleasant Grove, UT) We were running a total immersion overnight camp for a group of 11-12 year-old kids. I was providing the food. We had it set up to serve in the simulator as if they really were on a mission and leaving the Starbase right at dinnertime. I needed a character to play. I found myself a costume and pulled a name out of my head, and Adrian Stevens was born.

Adrian Stevens is the quartermaster for the USS Voyager. Yes, this is fanfic based very loosely on Star Trek. Not the TV shows or the movies, but the version of Star Trek we based our simulators on. Over the years, it has morphed into its own universe, quite unlike Roddenberry's in many ways. So if it doesn't jive with "real" Trek, that's why.

The stories I wrote were just for fun, a writing exercise where I didn't have to worry about deadlines or editing or anything but telling a wild story. This was my first attempt at serial writing. I had no idea where the story was going or where it would end. So please forgive any minor discrepancies or typos. You're getting the unedited, raw journal of Adrian Stevens.

Enjoy!

Start of Story #1

No comments:

Post a Comment